Flash is revolutionizing urban mobility. We are changing how people move around cities by developing and deploying a smart, fun and environmentally-friendly transportation system. Headquartered in Berlin, but with mostly-autonomous local teams distributed across major European cities, we are starting by launching a fleet of next-generation electric kick-scooters.
And this is only the beginning. Flash is one of the fastest growing global tech start-ups, with the bold ambition of improving people’s lives through safe, convenient, affordable and comfortable mobility.
Come join our team, be part of this exciting journey, help to build a more sustainable future!
In this role, you will work closely with the Platform Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, and Product Management teams to power insights that improve the last-mile experience for our users.
- Lead the ongoing vision, evolution and innovation of our data warehouse infrastructure
- Architect and maintain reliable ETL processes and data pipelines
- Scale our data warehouse infrastructure as our products and users grow
- Help teams analyze business intelligence data and provide any necessary reports (e.g. LTV, UA, ROI, Cohorts, Attribution)
- Develop reusable tools to make Data Warehousing completely turnkey and easy to use
- Troubleshoot and tune existing data warehouse applications (e.g. Redshift)
- B.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant field (e.g. Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Software Engineer)
- Experience building ETL/ELT and familiarity with various design principles
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics tools (e.g. Mode, Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, optimizing SQL queries and performance tuning ETL pipelines in the OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
- Solid understanding of methods and approaches to relational and NoSQL data stores (e.g. logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- Knowledge on database performance concepts like indices, segmentation, projections, and partitions
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Go) or strong with scripting languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively. collaborate and troubleshoot issues with technical and business partners
- Detail-oriented business acumen and analytical problem solving skills
What We Offer
- The opportunity to revolutionize urban mobility and change cities for all of us
- Professional and personal growth building one of the fastest growing startup of 2019 with a very experienced team of entrepreneurs
- A rapid environment where autonomy, fast decision making and learning by trying is key
- Working together in a team of the best in their fields from top companies around the world