Flash is revolutionizing urban mobility. We are changing how people move around cities by developing and deploying a smart, fun and environmentally-friendly transportation system. Headquartered in Berlin, but with mostly-autonomous local teams distributed across major European cities, we are starting by launching a fleet of next-generation electric kick-scooters.
And this is only the beginning. Flash is one of the fastest growing global tech start-ups, with the bold ambition of improving people’s lives through safe, convenient, affordable and comfortable mobility.
Come join our team, be part of this exciting journey, help to build a more sustainable future!
- Data formatting, preparation, and ETL - ensuring everything we build that is useful is located in our data warehouse and in our BI tools
- Implementing production from Python algorithms, crawlers, and data extractors from experimental Jupyter notebook
- Partnering with frontend and backend engineers to include our algorithms within our apps, i.e. Driver app (demand forecasting, predictive maintenance, etc.) and User app (demand pricing, targeted marketing, etc.)
- Creating, extracting and scraping new data sets from our existing data sources as well as from commuter data via GSM, public transport data, high frequency shops and venues, events, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer, with production-level knowledge of Python
- Experience working with upstream online/real-time data sources, i.e. AWS, VPS, RDS, Kinesis, S3, Glue, Spark/Fink, Kafka, Airflow
- Implementation experience in data pipelining using either AWS Serverless or Apache stack
- Strong knowledge in Data Science, and the ability to understand underlying data and its purpose, as well as the ability to implement algorithms from validated experiments in a Jupyter notebook or similar using Python or Java
- Experience communicating workflows from basic data transformation to complex ETL pipelines to tech and business teams, as well as C-level executives, as well as the ability to defend your architecture choices to peers and industry experts
- You work well in a team. You comfortably collaborate with designers, developers, and other team members to clarify requirements, implement solutions, and ensure all requirements are met
Nice to have:
- Enthusiasm for e-scooters and making our cities more liveable
- Experience working in the mobility sector
What We Offer
- The opportunity to revolutionize urban mobility and change cities for all of us
- Professional and personal growth building one of the fastest growing startups of 2019 with a very experienced team of entrepreneurs
- A rapid environment where autonomy, fast decision making and learning by trying is key
- Working together in a team of the best in their fields from top companies around the world