About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for building disruptive brands. At the heart of this role is establishing our brand in the market and in our consumer’s life, with breakthrough storytelling and compelling narratives that you bring to life across channels. We want someone who is excited to disrupt a big, stale category, and is excited by the idea of building.
You will be the voice of the consumer and drive our brand and its magic in the market. You will be deeply involved in monitoring the commercial performance of the brand and translating the market reality, business goals and consumer insight into brand plans and briefs. You will own the marketing calendar across channels and build go-to-market strategies for products, launches, and key moments for the brand. You will champion creative concepting, thinking strategically about what we want to say and how we can create moments to bring it to life. You’ll be a strong cross-functional partner to the team, shepherd initiatives from idea to execution with enthusiasm, and represent what’s best for Flamingo in conversations with competing needs.
We’re looking for someone who loves understanding business drivers, working with people from different teams across the organisation, and mobilising an organisation to execute growth. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What you will accomplish:
- Drive the brand plan and activity calendar for Flamingo across INTL markets (channels, products, and key comms moments)
- Build and champion integrated marketing comms plans for product launches and key brand moments across all INTL markets
- Grow brand awareness and consideration across all INTL markets
- Write creative briefs for our internal creative resource and external agencies that communicate clear territories and concepts to help drive compelling creative across channels
- Drive earned media including management of PR, social mission and local partnerships (inc. limited edition products)
- Root decisions in customer insights and continue to use insights and information to push the brand forward
- Be the internal expert on women, femininity broadly, and female brands
- Be an advocate for Flamingo; make sure messaging and initiatives are aligned with local brand positioning
- Be an enthusiastic, empathetic cross-functional partner to the retail, DTC, insights, innovation, shopper and creative teams to drive initiatives from idea to execution
- Manage partnership and agency relationships as well as regular liaison with our global team at Flamingo HQ
- Nurture local solutions for the consumer across all 4 Ps -- product innovation (and packaging), place (working with our channel partners), pricing and promotional efforts
- Own the localisation of all packaging, collateral and translation requests
- Accountable for brand budget management and tracking
- A seasoned marketer with experience as a marketing or brand manager at a disruptive, fast growing startup brand (e.g. Away, Aesop, Glossier, Uber, Casper), or brand-forward legacy brand (e.g. Apple, Nike, Adidas)
- A natural communicator with strong writing skills; you’re able to sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy
- Creative and brimming with your own ideas; excited to drive outsized impact with flair on a start-up budget, bringing others on the journey with you.
- Structured and organised in your thinking. You love setting up systems to improve the way the team works.
- A superstar project manager, comfortable leading status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars, managing risk/issues
- A self-starter who takes initiative to explore, unafraid to take risks
- Dialled into what’s cool, new, and relevant and how to translate that to the customer
- Well versed in digital touch points, particularly those relevant to our consumer (social, content, influencer)
- Experienced with brand building in a retail environment
- A natural passion for building, and game to get your hands dirty when you need to
- A learner - always seeking to improve yourself, the team, and the world around you
- Sense of humour - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Flamingo designs body care products for daily routines and self-care rituals. With an award-winning razor, (also) award-winning shave gel, wax strips for face and body, and skin care products free from parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes, Flamingo is a new kind of body care—one made for all routines and skin types, and fairly priced.
Our products and campaigns have been covered by Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major accolades from Allure (Best in Beauty), Essence (Best in Black Beauty), and Fast Company (Most Innovative in Beauty). We set aside 1% of sales to support nonprofits working to improve the physical, emotional, and mental health of women globally.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.