Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Research Associate I/Research Associate II will be responsible in supporting purification processes for oligonucleotides for research and scale-up. This is a six month contract opportunity with potential to extend or convert. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to discover novel and efficient ways to synthesize oligos. Successful candidates will broad knowledge in purification techniques, buffer preparation and in-process analysis using HPLCs.
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Experience in different oligonucleotide purification techniques using AKTA or prep-LC preferred but not required.
- Good skills in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Chemdraw, and SciFinder
- Good written, communication and presentation skills
- An independent and creative thinker, with attention to detail and enthusiasm to contribute ideas
- Ability to work efficiently within a dynamic team and/or independently under tight timeliness are required
- Experience in HPLC purification of oligos, proteins etc.
- Industry experience
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.