FL96, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage company developing a novel AI and data-driven approach to materials discovery and development to accelerate the transition to a sustainable economy.
FL96 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and builds companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform health care, agriculture, and sustainability. Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies since 2000, including Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Generate Biomedicines, Tessera Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Inari Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
- Execute and supervise electrochemistry experiments
- Design experiments combining chemical intuition and machine learning
- Collaborate with the automation and ML teams to design, assemble, and integrate capabilities with high throughput or automated electrochemistry workflows
- Hands on development, characterization, and optimization of electrocatalysts and electrolytes
- Analyze, report, and present findings of experiments
- Establish quality control (QC) and calibration protocols to ensure quality of electrochemical experiments and resulting data
- Hands-on and direct experience working with fuel cell, electrolyzer, and/or battery technologies
- Experience with electrolyte synthesis
- Experience with electrochemical assays
- Familiarity with materials science characterization techniques such as SEM, XRD, etc.
- The ability to adapt, build and refine, or innovate experimental tools
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrochemistry, or related field
- Strong self-starter and independent thinker, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Eager to work with highly skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and technical setting
- Experience with liquid handling robots
- Experience with corrosion assays
- Experience with experimental automation
- Post-doctoral research or 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with coding and data visualization
Location: Cambridge, MA
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists, and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $100 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed $3.1 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 42 transformative companies, including Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.