What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
FL94 Inc., is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering Protein Editing. At FL94 we create small molecules that edit protein structure and function to unlock presently undruggable targets and a broad array of novel chemistry modalities. Our platform integrates novel small molecule chemistry and chemoproteomic discovery technologies with machine learning to enable generative design of protein editing chemistries. FL94 is backed by Flagship Pioneering, bringing the courage, vision, and resources to guide FL94 from platform validation to patient impact. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
FL94 is seeking an experienced Senior Research Associate to join our research team. You will be part of the team responsible for developing a platform of diverse assays and technologies to invent, create and validate novel chemistry modalities. The ideal candidate brings expertise in mammalian cell culture and experience conducting cell-based and biochemical assays with a proven track record of producing reliable results. A background in industrial drug discovery & HTS screening is preferred.
Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented, team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of technical expertise and utilize a broad range of experimental techniques. They will be dedicated in contributing at the bench and be committed to the scientific development of themselves and their team.
- Implement a high throughput platform to characterize induced protein interactions using diverse molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Drive biology experiments to assess targets, biochemically evaluate candidate small molecules, and support drug discovery of several high value, unprecedented targets.
- Design and execute experimental plans, performing rigorous analysis and interpretation of experiments.
- Collaborate with relevant individuals and groups to advance projects, demonstrating good lab citizenship.
- Analyze and interpret results to proactively troubleshoot protocols when required and to recommend modifications as needed.
- M.S. degree in a life science area or B.S. degree, with ≥2 years of industry experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, transfection techniques, and conducting cell-based reporter assays.
- Experience conducting high-throughput assays using automated liquid handling is preferred.
- Expertise in modern molecular biology techniques and conducting biochemical assays is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work within highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, quickly evolving technical environment.
Location: Cambridge, MA
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $100 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $3.1 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises transformative companies, including Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Generate Biomedicines, Tessera Tx, and others.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.