Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is seeking a highly motivated and talented Research Associate I/II to join our growing Cell & Organismal Biology Group. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong hands-on experience in stem cell biology and molecular biology to support human disease modeling and cellular PK/PD studies. If you like a fast-paced, science-driven research environment discovering how a new therapeutic modality can be shaped to meet the needs of patients suffering from serious underserved diseases- this is the role for you.
- Maintain, culture and perform quality control testing of human pluripotent stem cells as well as mammalian cells and primary cells
- Develop, optimize, and execute robust cellular and biochemical assays to support hit-to-lead and lead optimization
- Supports assay optimization, qualification, validation, and cellular PK/PD studies in disease-relevant cells
- Preparation of experimental method description and validation of results in electronic lab notebook; analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to various stakeholders
- Presentation of scientific progress and results through oral and written communications
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with 0-2+ years of experience in Biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Experience in human pluripotent stem cell, mammalian cell culture, including primary cells (e.g., patient fibroblasts and primary hepatocytes) and cell line characterization (pluripotentcy, growth curve, kill curve, clonal expansion, mycoplasma test, etc.)
- Experience in cell biology with demonstrated proficiency in a broad range of molecular techniques, including immunofluorescence, bioluminescence, qPCR, WB, ELISA, flow cytometry, etc.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Highly organized and collaborative work style; ability to maintain detailed documentation in an electronic lab notebook
- Working in a fast-paced small company environment and being able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Previous experience in disease specific cellular assay development and execution
- Proficiency with image-based assay development (fluorescence and confocal microscopy, High-content imaging, IncuCyte) and image data analysis is a plus
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
- Be part of the team that writes the playbook for developing tRNA molecules and you will be critical not only in ensuring that we can understand how our formulations perform in living systems but also in defining how we manufacture for our clinical programs.
- Daily on-site snacks, cold brew coffee, and Bevi, as well as weekly catered lunches.
Our Core Values
- PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
- CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
- COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
- OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
- WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.