Laronde is pioneering a platform that offers a completely novel way of modulating human biology via Endless RNA™ (eRNA). eRNA is a uniquely engineered RNA that can be programmed to express diverse proteins inside the body. Laronde is rapidly scaling to support the development of multiple programs across many disease areas.
Laronde was founded in 2017 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. Laronde has a highly collaborative, dedicated culture, driven to achieve our vision of “making eRNA an essential class of medicines to everyone, everywhere”. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at https://www.laronde.bio.
This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be spear-heading Laronde’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, LRP and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to our VP, Head of Finance.
- Responsible for all aspects of management reporting and analysis, including operating expenses, capital expenditures, working capital requirements, cash flow analysis and funding requirements.
- Collaborate with functional leaders in developing the long-range plan, annual operating plan and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Ensure alignment between corporate goals & timelines and resource/spend plans.
- Provide budget-to-actual variance analyses for flash, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the Company, as well as at functional and cost center levels.
- Provide functional/department leaders business partnering support, through financial modeling and pro-forma analyses to support strategic decision making with day-to-day operations and new initiatives.
- Own and socialize FP&A calendar with functional leaders and their teams to ensure business operations are aligned with all finance deliverables.
- Support company business development activities with financial modeling for strategic partnerships, collaboration programs and licensing activities.
- Conduct in-depth capital budgeting and investments analyses (ROI, payback, etc.).
- Develop, evolve, and publish regular KPI/metric reporting to track results and identify trends.
- Provide finance support of GMP manufacturing facility buildout initiatives, including capital planning.
- Manage all financial modelling related to manufacturing and supply chain.
- Implement a financial planning and analysis software to automate the processes.
- Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements
- Participate in the preparation of board of director and executive presentations.
- Work closely with the accounting team to continuously improve the financial close process and provide support in the expense accrual analysis.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual reports as necessary.
- Approval of significant requisitions to ensure expenditures are properly budgeted for.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
- A minimum 8 years’ (director) or 12 years’ (senior director) experience in a FP&A role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with both public and private companies preferred.
- Prior experience in a startup, fast growth company with understanding of how to scale business systems is a plus.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Demonstrated history of financial modeling with business partner mindset; experience with manufacturing and supply chain operations in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Proficiency with ERP (NetSuite or equivalent), cloud planning solutions and other relevant operational applications within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with the implementation of Adaptive of a similar system preferred.
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow; team-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations and follow through on execution.
- Ability to anticipate issues, ensure data integrity and accuracy of details while being capable of higher-level interpretation and explanation.
- Strong analytical and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.