Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessear is seeking a Scientist II/Senior Scientist to join the Analytical Development team. The successful applicant is expected to provide technical leadership for development of analytical methods to characterize lipid nanoparticle (LNP) and to work cross-functionally to advance the Tessera pipeline. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to contribute to the analytical CMC Strategy for Tessera’s LNP programs.
- Develop and implement methods intended for a variety of purposes, including release and stability testing, product characterization, and high throughput analysis.
- Oversee troubleshooting, tech transfer, and phase-appropriate validation of analytical methods at contract testing labs.
- Review, interpret, and present data within the analytical team and cross-functionally.
- Author and review technical reports and regulatory submissions.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (biochemistry, biotechnology, biological sciences, bioengineering, or related fields); B.S. with 10-12+ years of experience, M.S. with 8-11 years of industry experience or PhD with 2-7 years of industry experience.
- Deep understanding of analytical method development and qualification for LNP, lipids, and RNA.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Direct analytical CMC experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in CMC and regulatory strategy, cGMP, ICH guidelines, USP and EP compendial methods applied to cell and gene therapy.
- Extensive scientific writing experience, experience authoring IND and related documentation.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.