Flagship Labs 72, Inc. (FL72) is an early-stage biotechnology company building the premier computationally driven bioplatform for the intelligent design of molecular mimicry. Our platform integrates massively parallel assays with machine-learning-guided protein engineering to navigate the combinatorial space of molecular interactions and design protein-protein interfaces with exquisite precision. This capability unlocks best-in-class monoclonal antibodies, next-generation vaccines, and novel therapeutic paradigms across multiple categories of chronic disease.
We are located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, in the state-of-the-art facilities of Flagship Labs.
FL72 is a product of Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, which has also given rise to companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL72 is seeking highly motivated co-ops to join our growing team. Internships offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced startup environment working on cutting-edge biotech techniques. You have the opportunity to be one of the first 20 members of a highly multidisciplinary the team and work collaboratively with all the core functions as we mature our technology towards the clinic.
- Molecular biology and cloning of protein expression constructs
- Perform library selections
- Evaluate binding by flow cytometry
- Assist with next generation sequencing library preparation
- 1+ years hands-on lab experience
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA assembly, restriction/ligation
- Bacterial/yeast cell culture, NGS, and electronic lab notebook experience a plus
- Strong documentation, verbal communication skills and ability to excel in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to work independently with confidence, self-motivation and scientific curiosity
Experience this opportunity provides you
- Biotech startup experience
- 1:1 coaching and mentorship in how to use experiments to answer big questions that advance basic research towards clinical applications
- An opportunity to learn how data science interfaces with the next frontier of drug hunting and development
- The ability to collaborate with the entire FL72 team — from computational therapeutic design to translational studies. We are a small and tight-knit team that works closely together (and has fun!).
Values and Behaviors:
Flagship is an experiment in institutional, entrepreneurial, and innovation practiced in the context of a small company with an insurgent mindset. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication skills, and comfort in working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The level of the role will be commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidates.