FL85 is a Flagship-backed, privately held biotechnology company on a mission to transform the current approach to information molecule therapeutics to unlock their full therapeutic potential. In recent years, we have begun to experience the power of information molecules in treating historically undruggable diseases and in designing therapies with unprecedented turnaround times. FL85’s platform integrates nanoparticle development with world-class informatics technologies and a novel pipeline of experimentation and discovery to drive a new generation of highly effective, therapeutically relevant information molecule therapies. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
"Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies."
FL85 is seeking a highly skilled and experienced analytical development scientist to lead the development of novel methods to characterize both the nucleic acid cargo and delivery components of lipid nanoparticles (LNPs). The scientist will be a vital part of the Technical Development team, playing a key role in shaping FL85’s analytical development capabilities. This is a hands-on role, where the successful candidate will have strong experience with analytical assay development for nucleic acids and LNP formulations.
- Design and optimize novel methods to characterize the structure and function of nucleic acid LNPs
- Develop approaches to separate and identify small molecule/lipid components from complex mixtures
- Provide technical guidance and hands on support for method development and characterization
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support research, formulation, and process development efforts
- Develop internal and external testing strategies and manage relationships with CROs
- Author and review SOPs for analytical methods, protocols, technical documents, and reports
- BS (+8 years experience ), MS (+6 years experience ), or PhD (+2 years experience) in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biophysics, or related discipline
- Expertise in nucleic acid characterization (HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS/MS, CE, UV-Vis)
- Strong background in analytical method development, particularly chromatography
- Experience with lipid/LNP characterization methods is a plus (LC-CAD, NTA, CE)
- Proven ability to work both independently and on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable delivering against challenging commitments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.