What if… you could join an organization that is discovering and developing an entirely new class of medicines, one that leverages both chemistry and biology, to overcome many of the challenges faced by current therapeutics today?
Flagship Labs 83, Inc. (FL83) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company on a mission to make biology better through chemistry. We are pioneering the development of a transformational new class of medicines, called Artificial Biologics™, that is unlocked by novel synthetic and computational technologies. We seek an exceptional Automation Engineer to join our entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization.
FL83 was founded in Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA) and Generate Biomedicines were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Labs 83 is seeking a creative and motivated Automation Engineer to enable an efficient compound distribution network to accelerate our Artificial Biologics™ platform. The position is a great opportunity to enable a wide array of plate-based automation and instrumentation and to work in an intensely collaborative, multidisciplinary, team-based setting. The successful candidate will establish partnerships with cross-functional teams working on automated and high-throughput experimentation across chemistry, biology, and analytical workflows.
- Establish and lead compound management operations and infrastructure.
- Receive, process, and distribute compounds across the organization.
- Build and maintain an inventory of stock solutions and solids.
- Fulfill requests for solid or liquid material in multiple vial and plate formats.
- Prepare external shipments of compounds to collaborators.
- Leverage automation to enable numerous workflows, including assay-ready plate production.
- Establish relationships with essential equipment and software vendors.
- The following qualifications are required for the position:
- A BS/MS or equivalent degree in chemical, biological, engineering sciences, or a related field, with at least 2 years of full-time laboratory experience.
- Previous experience operating, programming, and troubleshooting various instrumentation, including weigh stations, automated compound stores, liquid handlers, and acoustic dispensers, is a strong plus.
- Proven capabilities for critical and creative thinking, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail are required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are also required, with the ability to work across a range of disciplines, including biology, chemistry, and analytical groups.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies*: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.*