Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Synthetic Biology group is seeking a talented Senior Scientist to support the engineering & development of novel gene editing technologies using synthetic biology tools to advance programs & proof-of-concept studies. This high impact role will be part of a multidisciplinary & collaborative team with high growth potential.
- Development & execution of protein screens
- Inception & development of novel enzyme assays
- Analysis, modelling, & presentation of large screening datasets
- Make detailed observations & critically analyze/interpret data, effectively communicating these results to the wider team
- PhD. plus 5+ years’ experience or MS plus 10+ years’ experience in biological sciences or relevant field
- Extensive experience developing & running enzymatic assays
- Experience with protein expression/purification
- Experience with protein/RNA structure & function engineering
- Experience with next generation sequencing (Illumina/PacBio/Nanopore)
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data, and ability to creatively troubleshoot complex experiments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work within a team across multiple projects
Preferred Qualifications but NOT required:
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in programing (Python/R/equivalent)
- Experience using laboratory automation
- Familiarity/experience with bioinformatics &/or machine learning
- Familiarity/experience with genome editing or gene therapy technologies
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.