Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing will be responsible to lead the vendor selection process of outsourced clinical, regulatory and program/portfolio and alliance management services. In addition, the role is expected to build strong relationships with business partners to become a trusted, efficient advisor and thought leader. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Provide insights, support, and champion the development of Tessera’s Procurement and Strategic Sourcing methodologies and processes (Category Management), including the development of our Vendor Management Framework.
- With buy-in from the stakeholder base, establish a category level plan for clinical outsourced services.
- Lead the process to identify (RFI) and select (RFP) vendors for outsourced services, with primary focus on CRO/GCP.
- Utilize a data driven approach to support the team to select the most qualified vendor, based on business need.
- Lead vendor negotiations and ensure that proper Legal review and approval of terms and conditions are completed to maximize value for Tessera.
- Support the business, when needed, to resolve vendor performance challenges or gaps.
- Assist the business with on-going contract management related activities (e.g., change orders, scope of work, etc.).
- Support Strategic Sourcing on key projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 14 years of experience in relevant field and at least 7 years of clinical outsourcing experience is required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence key decisions.
- Ability to work remote in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience in building efficient processes in a matrixed organization.
- Master’s Degree with 10+ years of clinical outsourcing experience.
- Working within a CRO or CRO sourcing and category management.
- Experience with Coupa’s Sourcing module.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.