Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Receptionist role is a pivotal member of staff in our company. This is the first point of contact for any visitors to the office or anyone contacting our organization, so being well-presented, polite and happy are key traits. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various projects. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Greeting all visitors and get them situated in designated meeting rooms and show good hospitality. Liaison with building security on visitor lists and access and parking validation
- Interfacing with all members of the Tessera community to answer questions on a variety of topics – The Hub of the office
- Handling all incoming inquiries, either providing answers/solutions or identifying parties to do so and prioritizing requests
- Answering incoming calls to Tessera main line
- Helping manage and oversee the booking of 30+ conference rooms through Outlook and Robin
- Communication by email/Slack to employees and vendors
- Create badges for new employees
- Manage employee parking access and help with issues
- Manage catering from ordering, interface with vendors, set up and breakdown
- Assistance with event coordination, both internally and externally
- Ordering and stocking of office supplies, COVID supplies and snacks
- Publish the weekly Tessera Times
- Help with Executive Admin activities, projects and ad-hoc administration duties
- BA in or related field with 1+ years of industry experience is required.
- Experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant with scheduling experience
- Past hospitality experience a plus
- Scientific background preferred
- Front facing customer service background who knows how to prioritize requests
- Professional, happy person
- Strong Organizational skills, Exceptional multitasker and is detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook and Robin
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.