What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life science bioplatform companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Indigo Agriculture, Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), among others. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
The Intellectual Property (IP) Administrator position will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to the IP Group in managing patent portfolios and administering formal patent documents for Flagship and its enterprise. You are a self-starter, organized, resourceful, and detail oriented. You will also support the group with general administrative duties and special projects related to IP matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with docket management requiring significant awareness of and sensitivity to time management and filing deadlines.
- Preparation of Assignments and tracking chain of title and ability to perfect same.
- Use CPi patent management system to verify and extract data.
- Maintain file integrity, both electronic and paper files.
- Maintain company and team specific spreadsheets.
- Meet internal and external deadlines, and successful time management.
- Fulfill company administrative responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies in our IP Program processes, and devise plans to implement appropriate changes.
- Participate as a full member of the IP team, including identifying and actively engaging in projects to simplify work processes.
- Assist with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience as a patent assistant or patent paralegal in a law firm with a significant IP practice.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. CPi database experience a plus.
- Knowledge of U.S. patent rules and procedure; knowledge of PCT and/or national laws of other countries.
- Experience using electronic docketing systems and various relevant web portals including PAIR, Patent Center and Espacenet
To be successful in this role:
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and sense of humor!
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills and take on new projects
- Comfortable in a paperless environment
- Ability to work effectively independently and with others in a virtual team environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate workflow and project updates.
- Ability to understand and follow standard administrative operating procedures (SOPs) and processes.
- Strong attention to detail, reliability, time management, prioritization, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and capacity to respond calmly, efficiently, and effectively in stressful situations and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all business matters
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.