Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking an outstanding Drug Delivery Research Associate to join its Targeted Delivery Team to develop formulations reaching far beyond the liver. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of nanoparticle formulations and downstream purification techniques (e.g., TFF).
- Prepare and characterize novel lipid nanoparticle (LNPs) formulations both at small and large scales
- Critical data analysis skills, attention to details and troubleshooting abilities
- Effectively collaborate within various groups, comfortable in working in a fast and thriving environment, and act as a team player
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- BS and 5-7 years of experience, or MS and 3-5 years of experience. Degrees in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline.
- Experience with tangential flow filtration (TFF)
- Experience with drug delivery and bioconjugation is highly desirable
- Experience with lipid nanoparticles formulation and characterization is desirable
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Experience with protein and antibody characterization
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.