What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
What this position is all about:
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate Scientist with expertise in induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) and cellular biology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to drive our drug discovery programs based on cell behavior. You will be responsible for establishing disease models using human iPSC and hematopoietic stem cells with the goal of identifying novel disease-resolving therapeutic interventions. You should be comfortable working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be organized, independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
What you would be responsible for:
- Establish robust protocols for directed differentiation of iPSCs to support disease modeling efforts.
- Differentiate patient-derived iPSCs towards hematopoietic progenitors and mature hematopoietic lineages.
- Develop and conduct in vitroassays to model disease and test hypotheses.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to execute and analyze experiments and present experimental findings at internal meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
What experiences will you need:
- MS./B.A. with 5+ years laboratory experience, industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong background in the culture and directed differentiation of iPSC lines
- Experience with standard molecular biology and biochemical techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation, PCR/qPCR, and ELISA
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to troubleshoot and work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
What sets you apart:
- Demonstrated proficiency in multicolor flow cytometry and/or high-content imaging
- Previous experience with coculture or organoid systems
What it’s like to work at Cellarity
At Cellarity, we
- Push Boundaries: We create a legacy with breakthrough science in service of patients.
- Inject Energy: We build strengths from different perspectives and tell it like it is
- Own it: We transcend our job descriptions and relentlessly follow through on our commitments.
- Go all out: We work quickly and with conviction.
Company Summary: Cellarity’s mission is to fundamentally redesign the way drugs are created for the sake of bringing new hope to patients. By shifting the focus from a single target to the underlying cellular dysfunction, we unravel the complexity of disease biology and create medicines that were never before possible. The company has developed unique capabilities that link biology and chemistry with high dimensional -omic data from which we design medicines against the cellular signature of disease. The Cellarity platform allows us to uncover new biology in diseases even in the absence of known causal targets. The company has drug discovery programs underway in several disease areas, including metabolic disease, hematology, and immunology. Cellarity recently completed a Series C financing, and has raised a total of $274M from all funding rounds to date, with contributions from world-renowned investors alongside Flagship Pioneering who created the company. Cellarity’s goal is to grow into a fully integrated next generation Biotech company driving a new age in drug creation.
Cellarity is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Cellarity does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Cellarity or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Cellarity’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Cellarity, and Cellarity will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.