Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
We are seeking a creative and motivated Lab Technologist to assist in day-to-day lab operations and serve as the daily contact for lab requests at our facility. The lab technologist will be primarily responsible for ensuring the lab's equipment is running in an operative, clean, and efficient manner. A successful candidate will have a degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field and direct experience in laboratory operation, vendors, and teams in a fast-paced and dynamic laboratory environment. The candidate's career goals, technical skills, and core competencies should be aligned with the description below.
- Provide day-to-day laboratory operations support and perform general lab work orders
- Ordering and stocking of consumables
- Safety checks: pH neutralization, safety showers, and fire extinguisher checks
- Assist shipping for domestic and international lab materials shipments, including preparing material for shipment and receiving from external vendors. Work with the operation and safety team to ensure hazardous material compliance and inventory.
- Assist with maintaining the equipment monitoring (alarm) system. Assist with all aspects of vendor relationships. Contribute to a culture of safety through collaboration with research staff and the safety committee.
- Ability to prioritize work, organize and handle multiple jobs simultaneously, and interface with colleagues, internal and external clients, and staff at all levels
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or engineering related fields or an associate’s degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations concerning biohazard facilities and biological and chemical material handling.
- A high level of initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a wide array of personalities and work styles
- Great attention to detail, including a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to prioritize work, problem-solving, and thinking critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced biotech.
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
- PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
- CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
- COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
- OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
- WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.