Head of Data Science
Vesalius Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Head of Data Sciences to build the informatics and computational biology aspects of Vesalius Therapeutics Platform Development.
The candidate will be a key leader within Vesalius Therapeutics Platform Development team.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of establishing and executing approaches for the management and analysis of complex multi-omics datasets. The candidate should be a skilled leader, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead the assessment and implementation of analytical methods to aid target discovery. This will include human genetics, high-throughput genomics and automated image capture.
- Where appropriate, develop and implement new statistical methods to achieve key goals.
- Roll out an experimental design and statistical testing framework across functions
- Be a strong voice in the development and implementation of our target discovery platform
- Assemble and lead a team of skilled scientists to execute this mission, and collaborate across our diverse group of scientific disciplines to develop new ideas
- PhD in statistical genetics, computational biology or equivalent field, and 8-10 years of relevant experience in an industry or academic setting.
- Strong track record of method development and implementation, innovative and creative question posing and solution. Outstanding quantitative skills and demonstrated statistical intuition.
- A strong record of accomplishment in the field, including publications, patents, and presentations.
- Direct supervisory experience (5+ years) leading a team of scientists (including PhD-level scientists) and a track record of recruiting, mentoring, and developing top talent.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, networking, and program leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment as a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and creativity and focus on deliverables.
- Team player with a strong work ethic, able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Continuously learns and adapts quickly to new information
- Authentic, proactively appreciative of different points of view, backgrounds and perspectives
What We’ll Offer You:
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare (PPO) and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, three weeks’ paid time off with additional holidays, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participate in the development and growth of a company with enormous potential impact on human health
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Who We Are:
Vesalius Therapeutics is a Flagship Pioneering platform company with a bold and critical mission to revolutionize drug development for the diseases that cause 90% of global morbidity and mortality.
The company was founded in 2019 in Flagship Labs, Flagship Pioneering’s innovation foundry. Vesalius is led by CEO Christopher Austin, M.D., Flagship Managing Partner, Doug Cole, M.D., and a leadership team with decades of experience working at some of the most renowned pharma and biotech companies in the industry.
Vesalius’s ContinuumDiscovery™ platform harnesses a combination of human clinical data and genetics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and patient-derived experimental models into a uniquely potent discovery engine.
You can read more about our mission here.