Scientist, Assay Development
Vesalius Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Scientist, Assay Development. As a Scientist, Assay Development you will be part of the Drug Development team functioning as an essential part of an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals responsible for developing and optimizing biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Contribute to the design and execution of in vitro cell-based assays including mechanism-informed assays, phenotypic and agnostic profiling methodologies such as Cell Painting. A core component of the role includes the associated data analysis
- Strong understanding of the drug discovery process and demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience with high throughput screening and hit validation techniques preferred
- Identify and develop platform and project relevant assays than enables project progression
- Identify and proactively troubleshoot technical issues, implement solutions under limited supervision.
- Maintain and support safe lab practices and environment including with assistance of instrumentation maintenance.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, biotechnology, or related field with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working with primary cells iPSC and iPSC-derived cells preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Well-organized with close attention to detail, critical analysis of data, good troubleshooting ability and a strong desire to make an impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Demonstrated success using in-house and external resources to advance programs from assay development to lead optimization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and creativity and focus on deliverables.
- Team player with a strong work ethic, able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Continuously learns and adapts quickly to new information
- Authentic, proactively appreciative of different points of view, backgrounds and perspectives
What We’ll Offer You:
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare (PPO) and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, three weeks’ paid time off with additional holidays, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participate in the development and growth of a company with enormous potential impact on human health
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Who We Are:
Vesalius Therapeutics is a Flagship Pioneering platform company with a bold and critical mission to revolutionize drug development for the diseases that cause 90% of global morbidity and mortality.
The company was founded in 2019 in Flagship Labs, Flagship Pioneering’s innovation foundry. Vesalius is led by CEO Christopher Austin, M.D., Flagship Managing Partner, Doug Cole, M.D., and a leadership team with decades of experience working at some of the most renowned pharma and biotech companies in the industry.
Vesalius’s ContinuumDiscovery™ platform harnesses a combination of human clinical data and genetics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and patient-derived experimental models into a uniquely potent discovery engine.
You can read more about our mission here.