Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Scientist will contribute to evaluation of genomic safety of pioneering gene writing technologies (RNA writers) and support the process of development of innovative therapeutics. In this role, the Scientist will be applying the knowledge in fundamental biology to investigate cellular responses to the genotoxic stress and help assess and improve the safety profile of RNA writers. We are searching for a self-motivated individual with a passion for science and enthusiasm for development of revolutionary therapeutics. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Use classic and cutting-edge molecular and cellular biology techniques to assess genomic stability and cell fitness/proliferation upon gene editing with RNA writers
- Collaborate cross-functionally to characterize and optimize leading RNA writer candidates, advance our knowledge in RNA writer biology
- Apply knowledge of molecular biology of the cell to address complex biological questions
- Work in a team environment, meet the deadlines, and prioritize and balance work from multiple sources
- Manage and train junior research associates
- D. in biological sciences
- Experience in culturing immortalized and primary mammalian cell lines and transfection techniques
- Strong experience in cellular and molecular biology including techniques used for characterization of DNA damage, apoptosis, cellular senescense (immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, WB, qPCR)
- Familiarity with genome-scale technologies and ability to collaborate with NGS team
- Familiarity with current gene editing technologies
- Ability to design and execute experiments, interpret data and troubleshot
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively work as part of a collaborative team
- Knowledge in T cell biology and hands-on experience with T cells
- Expertise in DNA damage response
- Experience in gene editing and genomic assessment techniques (cytogenetics, NGS)
- Experience in assay development
- Experience in leading projects and mentoring junior reports
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.