Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Analytical Development summer intern will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of various potency and characterization methods for mRNA, guide RNA, and LNP. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated student who is comfortable multitasking and working in a team environment. This student will gain industry experience and exposure while working with our novel gene writing technology
- Execute, develop, and troubleshoot potency and characterization assays for components of Tessera’s Gene Writing technology.
- Analytical method development, optimization and troubleshooting as needed.
- Support potency assay execution for method development, routine sample testing, and stability testing.
- Keep timely, high quality, detailed records and documentation in electronic lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with a fully integrated process development, R&D and other teams.
- Currently enrolled in B.S. in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life sciences field with with an interest genetic medicine, therapeutic delivery of nucleic acids, and/or translational sciences. At least two years of an undergraduate education completed within a Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience with pipetting, tissue culture and aseptic technique is a must.
- Experience with technologies such as cell-based assays, ELISA, western blot, SDS-PAGE, CE, ddPCR and/or enzymatic assays is preferred.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and troubleshoot.
- Quick and engaged learner; independent thinker.
- Enthusiasm and excitement for the pursuit of cutting-edge science.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.