This is an outstanding career opportunity for a highly motivated Contracts Attorney to join Ring Therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing and negotiating a broad range of agreements related to the research and development, IT and general business needs of Ring Therapeutics. Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage competing priorities and multiple situations at one time. Requires the ability to proactively build organizational knowledge and relationships and think critically and creatively to support problem-solving and ensure strong communication flow and follow-through.
The Contracts Attorney will work as a member of the Legal function, reporting to the Vice President, Intellectual Property. The Contracts Attorney must efficiently manage a large volume and variety of contracts. This position has high visibility across the organization and requires pro-active, positive, and professional approach.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage a wide variety of contracts related to the general business and Research and Development needs of Ring Therapeutics, including Master Service Agreements and associated work orders, License Agreements, Consulting Agreements, CDAs, and research collaboration agreements.
- Provide training to relevant business units on contracts processes to ensure approvals and contract requirements are met.
- Format documents for finalization and execution including use of e-signature services
- Coordinate with other departments (Finance, Operations) to improve contract processes, suggest and implement new / more efficient processes as needed
- Proactively guide stakeholders as to contractual rights and obligations
- Identify and assist with resolution of issues impacting completion of contracts.
- Maintain standardized forms and templates and assist in updating them.
- Oversee contract management system
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A law degree and admission to the bar in at least 1 US state; a minimum of 5-10 years of experience drafting, negotiating and executing contracts in the healthcare industry.
- Hands-on experience independently drafting, negotiating and managing a wide variety and volume of contracts.
- Experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department preferred.
- Self-motivated individual who has the capacity to build trust amongst colleagues and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment; good time-management and prioritization skills, be detail oriented, manage multiple contracts and projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively to find common ground in contract negotiations, to conduct research to evaluate applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- High level of responsiveness and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; excellent customer service.
- Ability to provide clear and concise legal advice; resourceful and decisive.
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute, commit to personal growth and a team-oriented attitude; the ability to adapt to new/evolving processes will be key.