What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way?
What this position is all about:
Are you a highly motivated and organized computational biologist who is enthusiastic about exploring how emerging data technologies will enhance our understanding of cellular behaviors that drive disease phenotypes? Are you motivated to enable a computational biology team to realize as much value as possible from our data and to enable cross-functional communication with other technology teams?
As Senior Manager in Computational Biology, you will be responsible for optimizing our data strategy efforts, productionizing our processes, and bringing creative thinking to the integration of novel data modalities into the overall discovery process at Cellarity. You will get the opportunity to work in an innovative computational team, driven to deliver high-impact results. You will be in an early group of pioneers developing and applying the world's first AI platform that models disease based on complex cellular behaviors.
You will begin your career at Cellarity as part of a large team of world-class computational biologists and machine learning scientists (https://cellarity.com/the-team), biologists (co-developing hypotheses), chemists, clinicians, and technologists (co-developing proprietary data assets).
If you think you can contribute to the capabilities that we are building and are keen on applying our platform to advance our exploratory drug programs and learning from some of the best scientists, while getting to work with proprietary and relevant data sets, then we are looking for you.
What you would be responsible for:
- Work with the New Data Types team to prototype and develop capabilities for integration of novel data technologies into Cellarity’s computational biology platform
- Act as a liaison between Computational Sciences, Technology, and Data & Software Engineering to ensure clarity in data flow, pipeline maintenance, optimization of processes
- Contribute to the development of novel approaches to analyze complex data types such as single-cell RNA-seq, single-cell ATAC-seq, single-cell genotyping, Perturb-seq
- Apply rigorous statistical techniques to improve our understanding of single-cell data at multi-omics levels
- Be an active member of the Computational Sciences team engaging in discussions on study designs that benefit programs, developing and maintaining SOPs for integration of varied data modalities into program ideation, and providing guidance and mentorship to the team on best practices for data analyses
- Present your results in an interdisciplinary team of biologists, chemists, clinicians, technologists, and other machine learning colleagues in meetings covering cross-functional project teams, functional teams, to whole company and management meetings
What experiences will you need:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in biology, computational biology, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related scientific field
- Two or more years of experience (post academic training) working in an industry setting
- Extensive experience in analyzing and deriving hypothesis from single-cell data, across multiple modalities
- Demonstrated scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types, and analysis tools
- Excellent programming and scripting skills, preferably in Python
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
What sets you apart:
- Experience with generating, analyzing, and deriving hypotheses from other single-cell omics data types or large-scale clinical datasets.
- Experience driving an impactful and relevant project within industry.
- Background in statistics or machine learning.
- Experience with clinical or biological data.
What it is like to work at Cellarity
At Cellarity, we
- Push Boundaries: We create a legacy with breakthrough science in service of patients.
- Inject Energy: We build strengths from different perspectives and tell it like it is.
- Own it: We transcend our job descriptions and relentlessly follow through on our commitments.
- Go all out: We work quickly and with conviction.
Company Summary: Cellarity’s mission is to fundamentally redesign the way drugs are created for the sake of bringing new hope to patients. By shifting the focus from a single target to the underlying cellular dysfunction, we unravel the complexity of disease biology and create medicines that were not possible before. The company has developed unique capabilities that link biology and chemistry with high dimensional -omics data from which we design medicines against the cellular signature of disease. The Cellarity platform allows us to uncover new biology in diseases even in the absence of known causal targets. The company has drug discovery programs underway in several disease areas, including metabolic disease, hematology, and immunology. Cellarity recently completed a Series C financing and has raised a total of $274M from all funding rounds to date, with contributions from world-renowned investors alongside Flagship Pioneering who created the company. Cellarity’s goal is to grow into a fully integrated next generation Biotech company driving a new age in drug creation.
Cellarity is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Cellarity does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Cellarity or its employees is prohibited unless contacted directly by Cellarity’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Cellarity, and Cellarity will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.