FL85 is a Flagship-backed, privately held biotechnology company on a mission to transform the current approach to information molecule therapeutics to unlock their full therapeutic potential. In recent years, we have begun to experience the power of information molecules in treating historically undruggable diseases and in designing therapies with unprecedented turnaround times. FL85’s platform integrates nanoparticle development with world-class informatics technologies and a novel pipeline of experimentation and discovery to drive a new generation of highly effective, therapeutically relevant information molecule therapies. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
"Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Generate Biomedicines, Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Tessera Tx, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies."
FL85 is seeking a proactive and motivated Senior Scientist to lead development and optimization of bioanalytical assays to support advancement of novel information molecule therapeutics. The candidate will develop, conduct, and optimize various bioanalytical assays including immunoassays, enzymatic activity assays, biomarker assays, and various nucleic acid quantitation assays. This individual will join a world-class, dynamic, and highly collaborative team that is driving a novel platform for the delivery of information molecule therapeutics.
- Execute experimental plans for developing and optimizing new bioanalytical assays for quantitation of proteins and nucleic acids.
- Lead the development and validation of in-house bioanalytical assays including enzymatic activity assays, biomarker assays, nucleic acids quantitation assays, and immunoassays (e.g., ELISA and non-ELISA based) to detect antigen and antibody levels from in vivo studies.
- Collaborate effectively with teams across the Research organization to coordinate and execute on in vivo studies.
- Author and review technical documents and standard operating protocols.
- Document data in electronic lab notebooks, and present and share results to broader team of scientists and leadership.
- Train and mentor scientists and research associates.
- Perform necessary equipment maintenance and calibration as required.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 5+ years, or BS/MS with 10+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Technical understanding of and experience with assay development, optimization, and validation is required.
- Hand on experience with information molecules, immunoassays, activity assays, biomarker, nucleic acids quantitation, and standard analytical techniques is required.
- Experience in a biopharmaceutical environment is preferred.
- Able to work independently, self‑motivated, and adaptable.
- Detail oriented approach with an aim to produce reproducible, high-quality results.
- Perform analysis and report generation of datasets from a variety of bioanalytical assays.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.