What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
FL86, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage company developing a novel genomics platform and therapeutics for diseases with a large unmet need.
FL86 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 100 groundbreaking companies over the past twenty years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA) Generate Biomedicines, Sana Biotechnology (SANA), Tessera Therapeutics, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Indigo Agriculture, Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS). We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a Research Associate to work as part of our discovery team and help identify new ways to treat human diseases. The candidate brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a deep-rooted desire to innovate in genomics. This role is based in the vicinity of Cambridge UK and is an in-person role, and all applicants will require permission to work in UK.
- Conducting cell isolation for different experiments, using a variety of different techniques, such as Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting (FACS), nuclei sorting, and magnetic bead-based cell isolation
- Organize and maintain the overall lab space, including (but not limited to) sanitizing/cleaning of surfaces, preparing common reagents/solutions, restocking supplies, and setup/maintenance of equipment
- Work as part of cross-functional project teams, contributing to the overall team effort and helping prepare reports on their findings
- Ensure the scientific outputs of project are logged/stored properly and accurately, and conducting initial analyses
- B.Sc. or MSc. in a biological/health science field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience with hands-on work in a biology lab preferred
- Demonstrated history of industriousness, working collaboratively in team settings, and attention to detail
- Candidates with experience in (a) FACS, (b) Nuclei Sorting, and (c) Magnetic-bead based cell isolation will be preferred (please list such skills on resume)