Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated bioanalytical scientist to fulfill a Scientist I/II role in our DMPK group. The candidate will be responsible for developing and employing LC-MS methods to characterize and quantitate oligonucleotides and their metabolites to support research, non-Clinical, and clinical development programs for a variety of therapeutic indications. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and is willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Develop LC-MS methods for characterization and quantitation of oligonucleotides in various biological matrices including biofluids, tissues, cells, and subcellular fractions.
- Conduct metabolite identification experiments, analyze, and interpret data to understand oligonucleotide metabolism.
- Design and execute experiments from sample preparation, LC-MS/MS operation to data analysis & interpretation.
- Coordinate method transfer to CROs and serve as technical expert for method trouble shooting.
- Write method protocols and sample analysis procedures. Prepare bioanalytical and metabolite identification reports and data presentations.
- Provide maintenance, quality control and troubleshooting of high-resolution mass spectrometer as well as UPLC systems.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related discipline e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Science, with 0-3 years of industry experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or CROs. Postdoc experience is a plus.
- Experience in high resolution mass spectrometric bioanalysis of oligonucleotides is a plus.
- In-depth scientific knowledge and hands on technical expertise on LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, and chromatography methodologies and instrumentation is required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct multiple laboratory and project tasks efficiently.
- Hands-on experience with RNA extraction from in vivo samples such as blood or tissue is a plus.
- Experience with downstream statistical and bioinformatics analysis is a plus.
- Experience in using software for LC-MS oligonucleotide data analysis is a plus.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.