Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Alltrna is the world’s first tRNA platform company to decipher tRNA biology and pioneer tRNA therapeutics to treat thousands of diseases. Alltrna unlocks tRNA biology to correct disease. The company's platform incorporates AI/ML tools to learn the tRNA language and deliver diverse programmable molecules with broad therapeutic potential. Alltrna has an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to unify treatment across a wide range of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation. Alltrna was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering. For more info, visit www.alltrna.com.
About The Role
Alltrna is unlocking the power of programmable tRNA medicines to treat underserved patient populations. In this role you will apply computational biology methods to turn diverse data streams into scientific insights, which will have a major impact on Alltrna’s tRNA platform. Our teams develop and apply Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) methods, proteomics, and high-throughput screening. We are seeking a versatile computational biologist with deep expertise in NGS data analysis and an enthusiasm for collaborating with interdisciplinary teams to analyze, visualize and interpret study results.
A successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field, an additional 3+ years of relevant experience, and a proven track-record of scientific excellence as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record.
- Develop production-level code and computational pipelines to analyze NGS data, whole-cell and targeted proteomics data, and high-throughput screening data
- Perform exploratory analyses on internal and public data to develop new hypotheses for subsequent wet-lab testing
- Formulate and evaluate hypotheses that advance our understanding of tRNA medicines through collaboration with interdisciplinary teams
- Develop and implement criteria for evaluating experiment integrity and ensuring pipeline and data robustness
- Collaborate with our informatics team to automate analysis pipelines and deploy data apps that promote broader-team access to data and analyses
- Create effective data visualizations and communicate study results to interdisciplinary teams
- Contribute to Alltrna’s computational biology strategy and collaborate with colleagues in Machine Learning, Informatics and Computational Chemistry to broadly address Alltrna’s computational needs
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep expertise in NGS data and a proven track record in establishing robust computation biology pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to generate biological insights from omics data
- Expert knowledge of Python and common data science packages (e.g., pandas, numpy, seaborn)
- Strong data visualization skills with experience developing interactive visualizations and data apps
- Committed to best practices in version control (i.e., Git), code documentation, coding standards, and unit tests
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain computational analyses and their implications to team members of diverse backgrounds and drive decision-making
The preferred candidate will ideally also possess the following skills:
- Experience working with proteomics, pooled screening, high-throughput screening, and/or single-cell sequencing data
- Experience working in a cloud computing environment (AWS/GCP)
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, vision coverage through VSP, family leave, paid time off, 401k retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and fully covered parking/commuter benefits.
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Participation in an unprecedented opportunity to advance a single tRNA medicine to restore disrupted protein production, regardless of target, for thousands of diseases with the same underlying genetic mutation.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Our Core Values
- PATIENTS DESERVE BETTER. We are transforming medicine, boldly building a new future for patients.
- CURIOSITY SPARKS DISCOVERY. We ardently explore the unknown, catalyzing new scientific breakthroughs.
- COURAGE PROPELS US FORWARD. We take thoughtful risks without fear of failure, growing with each experience.
- OUR PURPOSE FUELS US. We each lead and work with focus and passion to design groundbreaking tRNA medicines.
- WE ARE ONE TEAM. We are united on trust and collaboration, embracing all voices and experiences.
WE GIVE IT OUR ALL, EVERYDAY, FOR PATIENTS EVERYWHERE. WE ARE ALLTRNA.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.