What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?
Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Sr.Scientist/Scientist in the In Vivo Pharmacology group who will be responsible for independently developing and performing studies in animal models across multiple disease areas, including metabolism, inflammation and rare diseases. This individual will collaborate with in vitro biology, translational science and nonclinical groups to help execute on company strategy.
- Serve as a strategic contributor to PM’s research team, defining and implementing key in vivo pharmacology studies across projects
- Develop, design and execute in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy of therapeutic candidates in rodent models of disease, including in areas of metabolism, inflammation and rare diseases both in house and with external CROs
- Coordinate in vivo activities across Research groups, Project teams, External collaborators, and CROs to advance programs from target ID to the clinic
- Help build in vivo pharmacology capabilities by establishing new animal models, techniques and collaborations
- Collaborate with colleagues of the in vitro, in vivo, and translational teams to support PM’s project goals
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of industry experience or advanced degree in Biosciences with 5+ years of industry experience or using animal models to support drug discovery and development
- Proven execution of ex vivo and in vivo approaches to understand the mechanism of action, efficacy and PK/PD of various therapeutic agents is essential
- Working knowledge of gene-based therapy approaches (gene regulation, RNA medicine, gene therapy, gene editing, and/or gene silencing) preferred
- Proficient in standard rodent in vivo techniques (animal handling, blood collection, dosing, necropsy, tissue dissections)
- Ability to work on weekends on a rotating schedule
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.