What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
FL94 Inc., is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering Protein Editing. At FL94 we create small molecules that edit protein structure and function to unlock presently undruggable targets and a broad array of novel chemistry modalities. Our platform integrates novel small molecule chemistry and chemoproteomic discovery technologies with machine learning to enable generative design of protein editing chemistries. FL94 is backed by Flagship Pioneering, bringing the courage, vision, and resources to guide FL94 from platform validation to patient impact. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
FL94 is seeking an experienced, creative, and talented Senior Scientist of Proteomics to join our research team. You will be responsible for establishing and integrating state of the art chemical proteomics technologies and workflows across all functions within the protein editing platform including integration with AI. The impact of this role will be felt at all points in the discovery continuum from screening method development, in vitro and ex vivo MoA studies as appropriate, and project advancement through to DC status.
Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented, team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of technical expertise and experience overcoming challenges and moving projects forward with urgency. Experience guiding junior scientists technically and strategically will be important. They will be interested in contributing at the bench and be dedicated to scientific development of themselves and their team.
- Implement hardware and software to build a current state of the art chemical proteomics screening platform
- Establish screening and maintenance workflows to ensure the maximum throughput of data generation across the entire process from new compound to receipt to internal data dissemination
- Establish robust automation capabilities using existing hardware platforms (eg Bravo liquid handling…) for cell prep and MS analysis
- Work with biology and biochemistry to troubleshoot and optimize screening of high value targets
- Generate high quality datasets for machine learning and therapeutic discovery
- Operate as the functional program/department lead across multiple domains of program leadership and management
- Ensure rapid and accurate turnaround of data, to agreed timelines, to drive achievement of key project goals
- Translate experimental data into meaningful insights and present the analyzed data in team meetings
- Ph.D. in Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- Proven hands-on MS expertise relevant to chemical proteomics with 8+ years of pharmaceutical drug discovery experience
- Expert-level experience operating and maintaining necessary MS platforms
- A shrewd auditor of data quality, statistical principals, and methods for accurate quantitation
- Deep understanding of relevant chemical biology, molecular biology, and protein biochemistry relevant to covalent chemistry
- Experience in impacting drug discovery campaigns across the full continuum from screening to DC delivery
- Ability to engage and perform in a multifunctional environment as a leader by example, reliable teammate, and a can-do attitude.
- Clear communicator using various mediums (direct communication, team presentation…) that inspires teammates and raises the bar on innovation, creativity, and a sense of urgency
Location: Cambridge, MA
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $100 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $3.1 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises transformative companies, including Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Generate Biomedicines, Tessera Tx, and others.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.