What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering's venture creation engine has conceived and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Generate Biomedicines, and Tessera Therapeutics. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $212 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12thglobally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
FL86, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage company developing a novel genomics platform and therapeutics for diseases with a large unmet need.
Responsible for driving the scientific strategy of the broader organization.
- Reporting to the head of operations and strategy, the successful candidate will independently lead investigations on scientific and medical topics, through combination of review of scientific literature, KOL/stakeholder interviews, or other custom analyses. These topics may include:
- Assessment of the financial/scientific feasibility of indications
- Review biological mechanisms/pathways for potential d
- Explorations and identification of new/adjacent technologies
- Support broader strategic decision making, such as corporate/partnership strategies
- Drive scientific partnerships with universities, hospitals, and other private companies
- Lead creation of external/internal company presentations/reports, and organize company scientific meetings
- Critical data analysis, attention to detail, communications, and troubleshooting abilities
- Either Ph.D. in Biology/Genetics (or other life science topic), M.D., or multiple years of demonstrated job experience working on PhD-level scientific topics
- At least 2 years working in a strategy or strategic-consulting role, ideally with R&D experience
- Preference for candidates with proven experience in indication selection, portfolio strategy, or R&D strategy preferred
- Deep knowledge and understanding of biology. Proficient in distilling key insights from across multiple scientific sources and driving towards conclusions
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Execution focused, team oriented, and highly motivated.
Location: Cambridge, England (preferred) or Cambridge, MA