What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
At Montai, we nurture a bold, spirited, and leading-edge culture dedicated to strengthening human health:
- We are one team with omnidirectional trust, empowered and accountable
- We are strong as individuals but stronger as a team and we are committed to excellence
- We have a sense of urgency and persistence, and we are crazily confident that we can make a difference
- We need to be comfortable with the uncomfortable and be rigorous and we recognize that failure is data
- We care for diversity in people, thought, personality, opinions, background and distinctiveness
- We have a sense of humor to help us manage through our strategic noise
Montai is seeking a highly motivated and innovative chemist to lead our Process Chemistry efforts and play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel discovery approaches based on AI/ML platform.
This individual will report to the Senior Vice President, Drug Development and would be expected to lead external efforts to support compound procurement and synthesis and enable Montai’s discovery and clinical development strategy. The successful candidate will have deep experience in small molecule drug synthesis and will drive the application of cutting-edge molecular, computational, and AI-augmented design approaches to enable quality drug candidates that can become transformative medicines for serious diseases.
- Provide creative and innovative leadership of the Process Chemistry discipline within the Drug Development team to enable the Company to convert strong biological hypotheses into transformative medicines.
- Assess the synthetic and retrosynthetic pathways and manufacturability of natural products for early investigation.
- Work closely with the Drug Development team, internal stakeholders and CDMO’s to ensure that the Process Chemistry team employs the highest standards and most advanced methodologies in drug manufacturing and synthesis.
- Ensure effective interaction & communication between the Process Chemistry team and other disciplines within Research and Development.
- Lead the Process Chemistry team to ensure that it operates at the highest levels of scientific excellence, fostering collaborations with academia, biotech, and the rest of the Company.
- Construct and manage spending budgets and project resourcing for Process Chemistry efforts within the Drug Development team.
- Lead new initiatives, manage, and grow the chemical expertise function.
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-functional goals within Montai.
- PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry with 10+ years of industry experience in Process Chemistry such that a clear track record of success in Drug Development can be readily demonstrated.
- A track record of presentations, publications, and patents.
- Experience with preparing successful Regulatory submissions (IND, IMPD) and Regulatory Agency interactions is beneficial.
- A high degree of self-motivation, organization, communication, and presentation skills; high competence in solving complex problems, as well as the ability to navigate a fast-paced cross-functional and collaborative work environment.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and communication.
- Self-driven and demonstrated ability in working with a diverse team in a fast-entrepreneurial setting.
- Ability to collaborate with and manage internal experts and external consultants.
- Drug development experience in multiple therapeutic areas and target classes.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.