What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
What this position is all about:
Cellarity is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Associate Director/Director with expertise in the field of DMPK to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel discovery approaches based on cell behavior. The candidate will be working under the supervision of the Head of DMPK and will be responsible for providing scientific leadership and strategic DMPK guidance across the lifespan of a project from initiation to the clinic in close collaboration with Medicinal chemistry, Machine Learning (ML) and Biology teams, to therapeutically manipulate healthy and diseased cell states and rapidly advance discovery programs within our discovery portfolio. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, results oriented, with excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
What you would be responsible for:
- Represent DMPK as the technical and scientific expert on various discovery teams on strategies for early ADME profiling and interpretation of the data.
- Define strategy for in vitro DDI and other in vitro/in vivo DMPK assessment for individual preclinical drug candidates and ensure timely availability of key data.
- Strategically design and lead ADME, PK and PD studies, critically analyze and interpret data, identify issues and help overcome experimental challenges.
- Establish PK-PD-efficacy correlations to guide preclinical study design.
- Contribute to selection of preclinical tox species and develop toxicokinetic plan to support IND for our programs.
- Prepare human dose projections based on preclinical data to guide candidate selection.
- Author ADME/DMPK sections of IND/IB.
- Closely interact with external CROs, stakeholders within and outside Cellarity for questions beyond the candidate’s area of expertise.
What experiences will you need:
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical science, biochemistry, or related scientific discipline with +5 years or MS/BS with 10+years of relevant experience in DMPK in the biopharmaceutical industry or CROs supporting pharmaceutical development, preferably with a focus on small molecules.
- Demonstrated DMPK skills through high quality publications.
- Hands-on experience with small molecule drug discovery in different therapeutic areas.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strengths in the following areas: creativity, problem-solving, and managing relationships within a matrix project team environment (internal/external partners).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and communication within team and across the department.
What it’s like to work at Cellarity
At Cellarity, we
- Push Boundaries: We create a legacy with breakthrough science in service of patients.
- Inject Energy: We build strengths from different perspectives and tell it like it is
- Own it: We transcend our job descriptions and relentlessly follow through on our commitments.
- Go all out: We work quickly and with conviction.
Company Summary: Cellarity’s mission is to fundamentally redesign the way drugs are created for the sake of bringing new hope to patients. By shifting the focus from a single target to the underlying cellular dysfunction, we unravel the complexity of disease biology and create medicines that were never before possible. The company has developed unique capabilities that link biology and chemistry with high dimensional -omic data from which we design medicines against the cellular signature of disease. The Cellarity platform allows us to uncover new biology in diseases even in the absence of known causal targets. The company has drug discovery programs underway in several disease areas, including metabolic disease, hematology, and immunology. Cellarity recently completed a Series C financing, and has raised a total of $274M from all funding rounds to date, with contributions from world-renowned investors alongside Flagship Pioneering who created the company. Cellarity’s goal is to grow into a fully integrated next generation Biotech company driving a new age in drug creation.
Cellarity is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Cellarity does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Cellarity or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Cellarity’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Cellarity, and Cellarity will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.