Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Position Summary: We are looking for an experienced and energetic leader to drive development and innovation in Tessera’s Digital Systems. This function encompasses the full scope of our foundational digital infrastructure and systems, organized into five areas: IT, Informatics, Lab Automation, Software Engineering, and Data Engineering. You will lead, mentor and develop a growing team of 20+ engineers, scientists, and IT professionals.
The focus of the role is overseeing the vision for and execution of Tessera’s integrated end-to-end data strategy that enables and supports work across R&D, G&A, manufacturing, regulatory, and beyond- and on communicating that vision and progress to stakeholders and leaders across the organization, especially the Leadership Team and the Executive Team.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization (Research, G&A, Manufacturing, and more) and communicate plans and progress to other senior leaders and the Executive team
- Develop and own the vision and roadmap for Digital Systems within the context of the Data Sciences department and aligned with corporate goals
- Identify objectives, priorities, risks, and metrics to measure impact
- Drive the design, development, deployment, adoption, and ongoing operation of integrated digital systems to support and enable the work of end users in functions across the company
- Advocate for and drive best practices and standards in technical and operational capabilities
- Lead, mentor, and develop a growing team of 20+ talented scientists, engineers, and IT professionals
- Enable and lead a culture of continuous innovation, including best practices in project management and software/automation development
- Develop and manage progress against hiring plans, budgets, and goals
- Masters or PhD in a related field
- 15+ years experience in a relevant research setting (industry, non-profit, or academia)
- Progressively increasing levels of leadership responsibility, including building teams and developing individuals
- Deep technical understanding across IT, lab automation and engineering, informatics, software engineering, and data engineering (including as an individual contributor in some of these areas)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex, multi-disciplinary digital projects to production use with quantifiable impact on the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in regulated environments
- Experience in highly automated, high throughput screening environment
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.