Laronde is pioneering a platform that offers a completely novel way of modulating human biology via Endless RNA™ (eRNA). eRNA is a uniquely engineered RNA that can be programmed to express diverse proteins inside the body. Laronde is rapidly scaling to support the development of multiple programs across many disease areas.
Laronde was founded in 2017 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering. Laronde has a highly collaborative, dedicated culture, driven to achieve our vision of “making eRNA an essential class of medicines to everyone, everywhere”. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at https://www.laronde.bio.
The Associate Director/ Director will be responsible for designing biomarker strategy and overseeing biomarker assays to support eRNA research and development programs.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and implement tools and assays including, but not limited to biomarker discovery and quantitation, molecular profiling, next generation sequencing.
- Design phase-appropriate biomarker strategy to understand the PKPD of eRNA to enable lead selection and FIH dose prediction.
- Serve as the biomarker subject-matter expert in a cross-functional program team to support the screening and development of therapeutic eRNAs.
- Oversee biomarker assay development and data generation at CROs to ensure timeline and data quality.
- An advanced degree (PhD) in life sciences or related area with significant prior experience (7+ years) or master’s degree (with 12+ years’ experience) in biomarker strategy and assay implementation.
- Hands on experience in immunoassay and molecular assays (ELISA, MSD, LC-MS, qPCR, dd-PCR, RNAseq, etc.).
- Proven track record in designing, troubleshooting, analyzing, and interpreting data from transcriptomics and /or proteomics type of studies.
- Experience in managing external project at CROs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and organized to effectively prioritizing multiple project assignments.
Laronde is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Laronde does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Laronde or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Laronde’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Laronde, and Laronde will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto