ProFound Therapeutics is seeking a pioneering Scientist/Senior Scientist, Computational Biology / Systems Biology to help create ProFound’s multi-omics platform. The transcriptomic, proteomic, and imaging data in ProFoundry Atlas of novel human proteins is a unique resource to be leveraged to develop new therapeutics. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be capable of working independently to drive forward ProFound’s research and development.
ProFound Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. ProFound was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture. ProFound Therapeutics is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
- Lead development of ProFound’s multi-omics platform for maximal impact on biological characterization and the drug development pipeline
- Develop data integration methods to use data from the proteomics, transcriptomics, and high-content imaging to identify, prioritize, and characterize novel therapeutic targets
- Collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams including wet-lab and computational biologists to build computational tools, data summaries, visualization dashboards for the high throughput leading-edge multi-omics technologies
- Perform integrative and functional analyses to contributing to the understanding of phenotypes of drug perturbation, mechanism of action, and the identification of key response signatures
- Process large datasets using bioinformatics techniques to create meaningful knowledge
- Ensure multi-omic data analysis are documented and reproducible
- PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or other relevant field with 2+ years of experience post-PhD, or MS in relevant field with 7+ years of experience
- Working knowledge with multi-omics data processing and statistical analysis
- Experience developing multi-omic models to address problems in the life sciences
- Ability to conduct computational analysis of multi-omics data, and perform high-dimensional, multimodal data integration, leading to biological and pharmaceutical insight
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications or contribution to widely used codebase, and a commitment to reproducible computational research
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid background in basic biology and systems biology
- Skilled user of programming languages such as Python and R
- Experience with cloud computing, especially AWS
- Experience with MS proteomics and high-content imaging data and software platforms
- Familiarity with large public domain data sources (i.e. ProteomeXchange, CPTAC, CMAP, DepMAP, TCGA, CCLE, JUMP-CP, UK Biobank, FinnGen).
- Experience with network biology approaches, image analysis and processing is a plus
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.