What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Apriori Bio is an early-stage biotechnology company with an ambitious and exciting mission: to lay the foundation for Global Pathogen Shield™ protective interventions that that can neutralize a wide range of the most dangerous and rapidly evolving infectious pathogen threats. The company is developing a revolutionary approach to this challenge and recruiting a team of top-tier scientists to build what it believes will be a powerful, first-in-category R&D platform.
Apriori Bio is a product of Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, which has also given rise to companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Apriori Bio is seeking a Director of Data Science with strong experience leading teams of data scientists, data engineers, and computational biologists making an impact in the biotech or biopharmaceutical industry. Our computational team simultaneously develops innovative, proprietary methods while informing and guiding experimental research. In this role, you will work to grow and develop the team further in topics ranging from database design, computational pipeline development, data analytics, and reproducible machine learning. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success leading teams to invent and deploy sophisticated tools in high-volume, high-speed contexts, particularly related to NGS, protein structure, and immunological assays. An essential element of the role will be the ability to collaborate closely with the leadership team and other R&D leaders while guiding the computational team to adapt to, integrate, and drive new laboratory and computational experimentation in keeping with the company’s objectives.
- Set team goals and priorities. Recruit and mentor exceptional computational scientists to meet said goals
- Work closely with program heads to establish data infrastructure and analytical workflows
- Work with computational and experimental scientists to establish data management practices and SOPs to improve efficiency
- Integrate external tools and develop in-house methods to support company objectives
- Communicate insights and conclusions to the scientific team and executive management
- Develop relationships with Flagship Pioneering’s broader science community and manage external consultants as needed
- PhD in computational biology (or equivalent)
- 8+ years in the biotech industry including 4+ years in people management
- Experience in computational immunology or a related field such as computational vaccinology, virology, evolutionary biology, or protein engineering
- Experience with NGS and bioinformatics tools
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Wet lab experience in molecular biology or biochemistry
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.