What if…you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds bioplatform companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $130 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
Reporting into the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) will be a key driver of the people strategy for one of our Pioneering Business Units (PBU) as well as supporting the employees of the functional departments at Flagship. The HRBP will be a key member of the HR Leadership team. In this role, the HRBP will build and sustain relationships with all levels of multiple client groups within the organization and enterprise. The HRBP will effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, budgeting, and compensation, work force planning, organization development and design, performance management, employee engagement, relations, and communications.
The HRBP will collaborate with the other HR Leaders and Functional Leaders (Talent Acquisition & Talent Management, Total Rewards & HR Operations, Leadership & Organizational Development, Legal, IP, Finance, and IT) to diagnose, develop, and deliver solutions to support our entities and our organization. The person in this role should have strong business acumen with proven ability to understand and align business needs with HR solutions to move the business forward in a growing and changing environment. The ideal candidate will effectively influence analysis, accountability, and decision-making in the areas of leadership and management, change management and operational transformation, organization development and design, performance management, talent development, work force planning, employee engagement relations, and communications.
The HRBP must be able to relate well to all levels of the organization and will have a demonstrated track record of effective coaching and strategic partnership with senior leaders and their employees. The HRBP must have proven leadership skills, experience building teams, organizational design, and restructuring. The candidate selected must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of drive and urgency, balancing multiple priorities simultaneously. In addition, the candidate selected will have excellent reasoning, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, effective project management skills and communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation) among diverse audiences. The HRBP should be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong client partnerships with trust and credibility to influence management at all levels.
The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and develop leaders and be effective in addressing change and transformation. Ability to analyze trends and use metrics to propose and develop solutions and best practices.
- Act as HR thought partner, change agent, and implementation advisor; be familiar with the strategic plans of the PBU and functional departments to help managers translate the business strategy and goals into HR related practices including organizational design and organization development matters (e.g., reorganizations, talent reviews, strategic workforce planning, etc.)
- Support senior management and their employees in developing sustainable programs, practices, and behaviors to drive significant cultural change and enhance employee engagement
- Coach and advise managers on the effectiveness of their teams, strategic business matters, talent topics and general HR issues
- Help executives align manager and employee capabilities to the mid-to-long-term business needs
- Serve as a liaison/catalyst to FSP Operations to support/accelerate programs
- Partner with TA and Enterprise team, assisting with a variety of matters to include onboarding, INS, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day Human Resources needs of the PBU, Functional Leaders, and their departments
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15 years’ experience in the HR field or
- Master's Degree
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience.
- Prior Pharma/Biopharma exp
- Organizational effectiveness
- Proven experience coaching and counseling all levels of staff on a wide variety of issues, and a thorough understanding of performance management systems and State and Federal employment law
- Exceptional networking and relationship building acumen
- Ability to translate business vision and strategy into an executable people agenda
- Working in a highly matrixed environment, strong collaboration skills
- Employee relations experience managing complex workplace matters
- Exceptional judgement and passion
- HR leadership experience
- Technical competencies:
- Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Learning and Development/Training, Employee Relations, Understanding of MA Labor Law, HR Systems – ADP, Greenhouse and Capability Building
- Proficiency with Digital Tools
- Knowledge of OD concepts and models, such as team effectiveness, change management, communication styles, facilitation, and leadership development.
- Highly skilled in facilitating meetings and creating and delivering presentations to a variety of in-person and remote audiences
- Demonstrated business acumen and a working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose root causes,
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and confidential environment.
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, and HRIS (UKG is a plus)
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Flagship’s culture.
- Act as a Point of Contact for people tools, processes, programs or projects, and advocate for improvements over time.
- In collaboration with L&D, ability to design and deliver Manager Capability initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.