What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Apriori Bio is an early-stage biotechnology company with an ambitious and exciting mission: to lay the foundation for Global Pathogen Shield™ protective interventions that that can neutralize a wide range of the most dangerous and rapidly evolving infectious pathogen threats. The company is developing a revolutionary approach to this challenge and recruiting a team of top-tier scientists to build what it believes will be a powerful, first-in-category R&D platform.
Apriori Bio is a product of Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, which has also given rise to companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
This Operations Assistant will provide instrumental support to the company and its leadership team on a day to day basis in order to ensure smooth operations. The successful candidate will assist with administrative and operational tasks on behalf of the leadership team and with the broader organization in order to ensure clear communication, efficiency of operations and enhance broader collaboration. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and collaborative team. This candidate should also be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative start-up environment.
- Provide critical operational and logistical support to company leadership and key colleagues, to ensure the smooth running of the company and progress towards goals
- Assist several team members with calendar management, including planning and scheduling of regular and one-off meetings
- Partner with leadership to support preparation for and delivery of meetings, agendas, reports, and presentations
- Support company communications initiatives, including regular updates to colleagues, social media account management, reports to leadership, newsletters, etc
- Help design and maintain the company intranet, including by updating pages as required and uploading and circulating important agendas, readouts, reports and other documents
- Act as point of contact for guests of the company, before, during and after visits
- Collaborate with HR on a variety of programs such as new hire onboarding and employee recognition; ensure that new colleagues are integrated efficiently and seamlessly
- Plan and manage corporate events such as Scientific Advisory Board meetings, company offsites, celebrations, etc
- Manage the supply of branded company materials, including merchandise, business cards, etc
- Identify opportunities to build company culture and improve operational efficiency across different company functions; lead specific efforts as required
- Help to manage and optimize office space and support any future office / laboratory relocations to minimize disruption and help colleagues maintain productivity
- Support health & wellness efforts, including as regards implementation of policies to manage COVID-related risks
- Provide ad hoc office support as required
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities and anticipate needs.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude, be responsive, friendly, and proactive.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience interacting with senior levels of leadership
- Experience with calendar management, planning events, and meeting scheduling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization with competing prioritizes
- Interest in drug discovery, biotechnology and/or scientific innovation broadly