ProFound Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. ProFound was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture. ProFound Therapeutics is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
ProFound Therapeutics is seeking a pioneering Senior Scientist, Machine Learning to help create ProFound’s machine learning platform. The ProFoundry Atlas of novel human proteins is a unique resource that will provide opportunities to create innovative machine learning methods in order to develop new therapeutics. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be capable of working independently to drive forward ProFound’s machine learning efforts.
- Lead development of ProFound’s machine learning platform
- Develop machine learning methods to use data from the ProFoundry Atlas to identify and prioritize novel therapeutic targets
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams including wet-lab and computational biologists to identify high-value data for machine learning projects
- Communicate complex results to interdisciplinary audiences
- Ensure machine learning work is documented and reproducible
- PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or other relevant field with 2+ years experience post-PhD, or MS in relevant field with 7+ years experience
- Experience developing machine learning models to address problems in the life sciences
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or another modern machine-learning framework
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals, conference proceedings, or widely used codebase
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with version control and a commitment to reproducible computational research
- Solid background in basic biology, especially protein translation
- Experience with network biology approaches
- Experience with machine learning approaches to protein function prediction
- Experience applying machine learning to Omics datasets
- Experience with cloud computing, especially AWS
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.