Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Synthetic Biology team is seeking a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist/Scientist that will be responsible for supporting the team through execution of various molecular biology and biochemistry protocols. The successful candidate should be collaborative, communicative, and passionate about working with proteins that will mediate the next generation of genetic medicines. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that is driving the development of a novel platform of Gene Writing.
- Characterize protein preparations using biochemical and molecular assays, focusing on quantitative assays
- Carry out protein purification using AKTA FPLC
- Time management of multiple projects while keeping excellent records of experimental results
- Contribute and participate in the design and troubleshooting of experiments
- Work and communicate within a highly collaborative and dynamic team of researchers and scientists
- BS with 5+ years of work experience, MS with 3+ years of work experience, or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field
- Experience with protein production and purification and/or enzyme activity assays
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to be agile and comfortably work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience keeping a lab notebook, reporting experimental results, and working within a team
- FPLC protein purification, preference for AKTA FPLC specifically
- Familiarity with quantitative binding and next generation sequencing (NGS) assays
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical research experience using an ELN and molecular biology software
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.