What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering's venture creation engine has conceived and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $212 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12thglobally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
FL85 is a Flagship backed, privately held biotechnology company on a mission to transform the current approach to information molecule therapeutics to unlock their full therapeutic potential. In recent years, we have begun to experience the power of information molecules in treating historically undruggable diseases and in designing therapies with unprecedented turnaround times. FL85’s platform integrates nanoparticle development with world-class informatics technologies and a novel pipeline of experimentation and discovery to drive a new generation of highly effective, therapeutically relevant information molecule therapies. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
FL85 is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Bioinformatics Scientist (NGS) to develop computational pipelines to enable analysis of next-generation sequencing applications utilizing nucleic acids barcoding technologies. She/he will work with experimental scientists to select key technologies, and devise sequencing prep protocols. The successful candidate will be comfortable iterating rapidly in development phase, while building robust and reliable pipelines in production. This individual will join a world-class, dynamic, and highly collaborative team that is driving a novel platform for delivery of information molecule therapeutics.
- Design and implement custom NGS processing pipelines, statistical models, and analysis methods for high-throughput multiplex sequencing.
- Act as internal expert and thought leader for NGS computational methodology.
- Interface NGS pipelines with in-house data platform and computational cluster via programmatic APIs and web apps.
- Process and analyze genomic and transcriptomic data.
- Develop production-quality code and scalable, reproducible, shared workflows in a team setting.
- Present progress from scientific work in regular research meetings.
- MS with 3+ years industry experience or PhD in Computational Biology, Computer Science or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience applying NGS computational techniques to a variety of biological applications.
- Experience developing, debugging, and applying custom software for processing raw reads and alignments.
- Proficiency in Python and experience analyzing data with Numpy/Scipy, R, or similar.
- Deep expertise in managing Linux environments using Docker, as well as package management using conda, pip, apt/yum or other package management tools.
- Experience deploying robust, automated workflows using workflow management tools such as Prefect, Luigi, Cromwell, or similar, and compute cluster infrastructures such as AWS ECS, Kubernetes, LSF, or similar.
- Experience designing and optimizing NGS experiments, in the biotech industry.
- Demonstrated experience developing software in a team setting.
- Experience with optimizing performant code.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.