What if…you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds bioplatform companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $130 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
We are looking for a Compensation Analyst / Sr. Analyst to join our Compensation Team. Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Compensation, this is a wonderful opportunity to serve as a consultant to Management, HR and our Enterprise, applying your deep analytical skills to work in Compensation and Total Rewards.
- Provide support to managers and business partners on compensation matters in response to business needs.
- Provide analytical and system support for compensation cycles, including data preparation, data validation, spend analysis, and communication materials.
- Manage job and compensation documentation including job descriptions, job codes, and compensation levels for the Enterprise.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Enterprise Compensation, this role will be responsible for supporting the development of database tools to track, value, and report on equity compensation for Flagship Pioneering employees.
- Conduct ongoing and ad hoc compensation data analysis, including adverse impact testing, pay equity testing, and cost modeling.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis of equity holdings and model future equity awards based on internal methodologies.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to ensure clear communication, education and tracking of equity awards for Flagship Pioneering employees.
- Support the administration of Flagship's equity award plans, including record-keeping, reconciliation, award modeling, and reporting.
- Maintain system data pertaining to all compensation programs and eligibility for incentive program payouts.
- BA/BS degree, with a strong academic record, including quantitative coursework. All undergraduate majors are welcome to apply.
- One to four years of experience working with broad-based compensation programs, private/public equity compensation, and/or executive compensation.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new information quickly and use it to perform day-to-day work in a consistent, fast, and responsive manner.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills and an unyielding attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and adapt quickly to changes.
- The discipline to complete last-minute requests and follow through on open issues until resolved.
- Flexibility to innovate work processes to improve employee experience.
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge and application of Human Resources practices, policies and procedures. Seen as a subject matter expert.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment with excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of both private and public company equity compensation (profits interests, options, restricted stock)
- Understanding of private company valuation methodologies
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Experience with the Radford Survey platform
- Experience in the biotechnology industry
- CEP / CCP Designation
Joining Flagship Pioneering will allow you to:
- Make an impact as part of a Fortune “Change the World” company
- Be energized by an exciting startup culture
- Surround yourself with inspirational colleagues and leaders
- Support innovative breakthroughs in health care and sustainability
- Expand your horizons with opportunities for professional growth
- Enjoy unparalleled employee benefits and rewards programs
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.