About Generate Biomedicines
Generate Biomedicines is a new kind of therapeutics company – existing at the intersection of machine learning, biological engineering, and medicine – pioneering Generative Biology™ to create breakthrough medicines where novel therapeutics are computationally generated, instead of being discovered. Generate has built a machine learning-powered biomedicines platform with the potential to generate new drugs across a wide range of biologic modalities. This platform represents a potentially fundamental shift in what is possible in the field of biotherapeutic development.
We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering and has received over $420 million in funding, providing the resources to rapidly scale the organization. The Company has offices in Cambridge, Somerville, and Andover with approximately 150 employees.
Machine learning-powered protein generation is at the core of Generate’s platform. We aim to upend the traditional approach to drug development towards one characterized by intentionality, surgical precision, and speed by developing methods for protein generation that can reliably generalize across biological functions, disease areas, and therapeutic modalities.
We are seeking a creative and motivated Cloud Architect to build the advanced computational platform required to achieve our ambitious goals. The successful candidate will join the Informatics/IT team at Generate and work closely with ML scientists, Structural Biologists, and Computational Biologists to implement a scalable platform that rapidly advances our scientific programs.
- Design, implement and maintain Generate’s compute platform, enabling ad-hoc data analysis, model design, development, and experimentation, as well as flexible and dynamic large-scale parallel computation
- Develop solutions to compute scaling, infrastructure automation & orchestration, data storage and data transfer
- Contribute to Generate’s IT Security Program and Business Continuity policies and procedures
- Maintain awareness of commercial tools & industry best practice, and champion new solutions internally
- Deploy and maintain systems on AWS
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills and history of success in fast and dynamic teams
- 8+ years experience in IT, systems administration, networking
- Demonstrated excellence in AWS infrastructure, cloud architecture and networking
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform) and CI/CD tools (Gitlab)
- Experience managing scalable compute infrastructure (EKS/Kubernetes + Docker)
- Strong technical experience with Linux system administration, scripting (Python, Bash), and file share infrastructure (SMB/CIFS, NFS)
- Deep understanding of IT and Cloud Security best practices
- Experience/understanding of ML and Biotech domain a plus
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Generate Biomedicines enforces a mandatory vaccination policy for COVID-19. All employees must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. The purpose of this policy is to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large from infectious disease that may be reduced by vaccinations. The company will make exceptions to this policy if required by applicable law and will consider requests for an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, or any other exemptions that may be recognized by applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.