Who we are
Harbinger Health, a Flagship-founded company, is pioneering early cancer detection. Harbinger aims to detect cancer, at the earliest stages, to save lives. Our platform leverages proprietary biological insights and artificial intelligence to enable high-resolution, molecular views on cancer from blood. We are a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking collaborative, passionate, and dedicated people to join our team.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $200 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 42 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (Nasdaq: AXLA), Codiak BioSciences (Nasdaq: CDAK) Denali Therapeutics (Nasdaq: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (Nasdaq: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (Nasdaq: KLDO), Moderna (Nasdaq: MRNA), Omega Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OMGA), Rubius Therapeutics (Nasdaq: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (Nasdaq: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (Nasdaq: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SGTX).
Harbinger Health is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Machine Learning Engineer to join our AI and Computational Biology group. The candidate will be responsible to create, deploy and maintain machine learning models. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for end to end workflow of train, test and benchmark models. The candidate will also work on tools to help interpret and visualize raw data and model outputs. No prior knowledge of computational biology or experience in biotech industry is required. The candidate will be working closely with data scientists, machine learning engineers, bioinformatics group, and assay group. the candidate should have strong communication skills, attention to details and ability to work both independently and in a strong team environment.
- Preprocessing of data sets and data clean up
- Design and implement machine learning models on genomic and health related data sets
- Create workflows for machine learning model development
- Benchmark, deploy and maintain machine learning models
- Analyze genomic data for feature selection
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to assess model performance and accuracy
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and software engineers to implement robust and scalable products
- Research new technologies in machine learning, deep learning, and data visualization
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization
- PhD or MSc + 5 years of experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Biology, Scientific Computing or other relevant areas
- Proficient in Python language
- Working experience with Python modules for data science: Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Scipy, Numpy
- Familiar with machine learning modules in python such as PyTorch or Keras
- Thorough understanding of variety of machine learning techniques with practical experience (clustering, decision trees, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Familiarity with genomic data types is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.