Senior Medical Technologist (Molecular)
Who we are
Harbinger Health, a Flagship-founded company, is pioneering early cancer detection. Harbinger aims to detect cancer, at the earliest stages, to save lives. Our platform leverages proprietary biological insights and artificial intelligence to enable high-resolution, molecular views on cancer from blood. We are a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking collaborative, passionate, and dedicated people to join our team.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $200 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 42 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (Nasdaq: AXLA), Codiak BioSciences (Nasdaq: CDAK) Denali Therapeutics (Nasdaq: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (Nasdaq: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (Nasdaq: KLDO), Moderna (Nasdaq: MRNA), Omega Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OMGA), Rubius Therapeutics (Nasdaq: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (Nasdaq: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (Nasdaq: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SGTX).
Harbinger Health is seeking multiple highly motivated Senior Medical Technologist, with expertise in sample processing and next generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation, to join our growing Clinical Laboratory Operations team. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and processing samples through our platform, which includes performing relevant quality control, processing biospecimens under laboratory-approved procedures and related quality standards, and generating quality patient-focused data. The successful candidates should have excellent attention to detail, effective, communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and in a strong team environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team building and operating platform capabilities aimed at improving early detection of cancer.
- Prepare, process, and analyze NGS samples for platform development projects, including processing of clinical specimens
- Support planning and execution of process development and processing improvement activities including LIMS and automation projects
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, and reporting and maintaining records of sample test results.
- Perform automated and manual processing of specimens requiring foundational laboratory techniques
- Undertake accurate and precise data entry in the LIMS and work with data engineers to maintain integrity and accuracy of laboratory database
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document quality control activities, and relevant instrument maintenance
- Execute, analyze, and communicate laboratory data including identification of problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results
- Develop a close working relationship with the other technical and scientific staff while collaborating effectively with colleagues from other sections
- General lab cleaning, organization, maintenance, and inventory upkeep
- BS or equivalent in the Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience with relevant experience involving preparation of NGS sequencing libraries, preferably in a clinical laboratory setting
- Previous laboratory experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently among highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and technical setting
- Strong written and oral communication within and across teams, fostering collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, most specifically Excel and Power Point
- Clinical laboratory certification (ASCP) or equivalent is desirable, but not required
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.