Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality endless RNA (eRNA) platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire a Vice President to join our research organization.
We are seeking a Head of Endocrine Research to set strategy and lead research and preclinical activities supporting eRNA drug development. The incumbent brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate breakthrough medicines.
- Set, drive and communicate disease area strategy in alignment with broader organization.
- Prioritize and allocate resources and responsible for research plan and execution.
- Deliver preclinical proof of concept for new disease indications and develop robust IND packages to enable fast and seamless clinical development.
- Member of Research Leadership Team, accountable for department goals and be the bridge between functions for the disease area.
- Bring opinion leaders together to consider exciting research approaches.
- Foster external research collaborations.
- Contribute expertise to strategic alliances and business development activities.
- Ensure high quality documents for regulatory submissions, publications and timely filing of intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
- Develop the talent pipeline through recruitment activities and being a mentor, coach and educational resource across LARONDE.
- PHD, MD or equivalent in molecular and cell biology, pharmacology or related discipline.
- 10+ years experience in research or drug development, as evidenced by productive and successful programs and/or publications.
- Strong leadership and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative medicines to patients with serious diseases.