Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer: AI and Computational Biology Group
Who we are
Harbinger Health, a Flagship-founded company, is pioneering early cancer detection. Harbinger aims to detect cancer, at the earliest stages, to save lives. Our platform leverages proprietary biological insights and artificial intelligence to enable high-resolution, molecular views on cancer from blood. We are a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking collaborative, passionate, and dedicated people to join our team.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $200 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 42 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (Nasdaq: AXLA), Codiak BioSciences (Nasdaq: CDAK) Denali Therapeutics (Nasdaq: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (Nasdaq: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (Nasdaq: KLDO), Moderna (Nasdaq: MRNA), Omega Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OMGA), Rubius Therapeutics (Nasdaq: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (Nasdaq: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (Nasdaq: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SGTX).
Harbinger Health is seeking a highly motivated and innovative software engineer to join our AI and Computational Biology group. The candidate will be responsible to design, create and maintain software architectures to support our AI & Computational Biology work both in research and product development. No prior knowledge of computational biology or experience in biotech industry is required. The candidate will be working closely with data scientists, machine learning engineers, bioinformatics group, and assay group. The successful candidate should have strong experience in software engineering and be resourceful in cloud based solutions as well as high-performance computing. Additionally, the candidate should have strong communication skills, attention to details and ability to work both independently and in a strong team environment.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy software on popular cloud solutions such as AWS
- Create and maintain cloud database solutions
- Work with data scientists and machine learning engineers and integrate their software components into a fully functional software system
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering with 5 years of experience or MSc degree with 3 years of experience
- Ability to develop software in Python
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with building scalable systems
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies is a plus
- Experience with developing and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms is a plus
- Experience with workflow management systems such as Cromwell or Nextflow is a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.