What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
The people who work in the Flagship ecosystem are bright and bold, passionate, dynamic, and driven. We are creative optimists. We collaborate, iterate, tolerate failure, and celebrate successful solutions to big problems. We encourage diversity and debate because we value the freedom to explore unconventional ideas in order to cultivate revolutionary breakthroughs in science and business.
Since 2000, Flagship Pioneering has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics, Seres Therapeutics, Syros Pharmaceuticals, Rubius Therapeutics, Evelo Biosciences, Kaleido Biosciences, and Indigo Agriculture.
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Research Associate in Molecular Biology to join our passionate team of scientists. The candidates will work closely with scientists to advance multiple aspects of our R&D programs at Flagship. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment with a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside their comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Drive scientific and R&D efforts by conducting experiments alongside Scientists in the laboratory
- Support the implementation of novel target discovery platforms, protocols, and other assays
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members across various functional areas
Key Skills and Experiences:
- BS or MS degree in biochemistry, molecular or micro biology, or related field
- Minimum BS and one year of relevant experience. Will consider hiring at the Sr. RA level for candidates with MS with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience in mammalian cell culture, including primary cells, cell line development, PCR and flow cytometry are required
- Experience or interest in a variety of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques: including cell-based assays, ELISA, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE, microscopy, modern cloning approaches such as Gibson and Golden Gate, are highly preferred
- Experience in Immunology, mRNA expression analysis, DNA/RNA or protein purification, or RNA biology, gene therapy or editing and NGS are also highly preferred
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare, dental and vision coverage
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and a highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.