What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
The people who work in the Flagship ecosystem are bright and bold, passionate, dynamic, and driven. We are creative optimists. We collaborate, iterate, tolerate failure, and celebrate successful solutions to big problems. We encourage diversity and debate because we value the freedom to explore unconventional ideas in order to cultivate revolutionary breakthroughs in science and business
Since 2000, Flagship Pioneering has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics Seres Therapeutics, Syros Pharmaceuticals, Rubius Therapeutics, Evelo Biosciences, Kaleido Biosciences, and Indigo Agriculture.
Due to unprecedented growth within our ecosystem of companies we have an ongoing need for motivated, enthusiastic Protein Sciences Research Associates or Senior Research Associates to join our passionate team of scientists. These individuals will be part of the teams responsible for the validation of novel target discovery approaches, or the design and engineering of therapeutic proteins and multi-specific protein reagents such as bispecific antibodies. These are exciting opportunities to learn about biologics in both traditional and non-conventional formats.
- Contribute to the design and production of engineered proteins, monoclonal/bispecific antibodies and other biologics molecules of interest to the company
- Clone/generate plasmid DNA constructs for expression of therapeutic and other proteins.
- Perform protein purification procedures using standard chromatography techniques and equipment (AKTA FPLCs)
- Perform biochemical and biophysical assessments of expressed proteins
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- BS or MS in biochemistry, molecular or structural biology, protein chemistry or related disciplines
- For RA positions minimum BS and one year relevant experience OR MS with 1-3 years of relevant experience, for SRA minimum 3+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience working in academic or biotech settings with protein structure/function, protein engineering, optimizing protein expression, purification or characterization
- Experience/interest in a variety of skills: molecular biology including gene design, vector construction, phage or yeast display and DNA sequencing, protein purification and assays
What We’ll Offer You
- Comprehensive, competitive healthcare, dental and vision coverage
- A dynamic early-stage work environment and a highly interdisciplinary, talented, and collaborative team.
- Professional growth opportunities through mentoring, training, immersion in cross-functional projects, and opportunities to learn and try new things.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.